Mark Seelig is an experienced business lawyer and was named in Super Lawyers Magazine as being in the top 5% of business lawyers in Manhattan in 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 and 2013. He is admitted to practice in New York and California. Mark represents a wide variety of clients located throughout the United States in all aspects of commercial business transactions, from formation and financing through the acquisition, growth, merger or sale of their business interests. He has represented purchasers, sellers, joint venture partners, investors, and majority and minority interest shareholders in numerous transactions since 1989.
Mark's practice includes providing general corporate counsel to a host of companies across multiple industries.
He represents both public and private companies, entertainers, entrepreneurs, restaurateurs, investors and high net worth individuals. Like his clients, Mark is a business owner and operator. He co-founded MSF where he acts as the managing partner, founded and acts as the managing partner of a large nine figure real estate business, plus a private equity fund, and owns interests in numerous business ventures. Clients appreciate the real life practical and pragmatic approach he brings to their issues. With over 23 years of a unique blend of both litigation and corporate legal experience, Mark excels in representing principals during difficult negotiations.
Clients often recognize him for his ability to drive a difficult negotiation to a successful conclusion. Mark also has extensive experience representing new media and technology clients. He has personally negotiated over 400 software development, licensing and/or distribution deals. Since 1989, he has represented technology companies in connection with many of the legal issues related to their businesses. He regularly assists business owners in the preparation and implementation of estate plans.
Taxation & Estates
Hofstra University School of Law. J.D. (Law Review Editor/Graduation Speaker)
Fordham University. B.A.
State of New York
Southern District of New York
Eastern District of New York
State of California
Central District of California
Mr. Seelig regularly speaks at Entrepreneurship and Real Estate related events.
Mark Seelig was formerly associated with the international law firm of Rogers & Wells (now Clifford Chance) in New York and California.
• Represented owners in sale of media and online advertising business
• Represented owners in sale of interest in pharmaceutical promotion business
• Represented general partners in formation of several real estate private equity funds
• Represented owners in sale of educational software company for over $200,000,000 • Represented owners in sale of music library
• Represented owner in sale of media/online promotional company
• Represented owners as co-counsel in sale of technology communications company • Requested sponsors of real estate private equity funds
• Represented owners in sale of financial services company to public company acquirer for over $200,000,000
• Represented world renowned author in multiyear master license and development deal for multimedia, videogames and online media properties
• Represented 40% owner in sale to majority partner of entire interest in international pharmaceutical clinical trials company
• Represented CEO and founder in sale of drug label company to public acquirer for over $100,000,000
• Represented numerous videogame and multimedia companies in numerous licensing and development deals, including the development of a television series to coincide with launch of licensed properties
• Represented fast growing education software company in preferred round of finance for nearly $20,000,000; represented financial, media and other software companies in numerous acquisitions and rounds of finance between $1,000,000 and $20,000,000
• Represented purchaser in distress sale of $11,000,000 of secured bank debt against company in the metals industry
• Represented joint venture partners in negotiation of venture deal for acquisition of over $100,000,000 in residential and commercial real estate
• Represented athletes and entertainers in videogame and license deals for numerous consumer products
• Represented multimedia company in angel round financing in excess of $25,000,000
• Represented investors in numerous restaurant deals
• Represented numerous videogame developers in contract negotiations for development of software titles, license agreements, financings, technology license agreements, and the sale of business interests
• Represented entrepreneurs and entertainers in the creation and development of estate plans
• Represented long time business partners in various corporate divorce/dissolution issues.
In 1986, Mr. Seelig graduated from Fordham University and in 1989 received his JD from Hofstra University School of Law, where he served as an Editor of the Law Review and was elected to present the Graduation Address on behalf of the graduating class. He was formerly associated with the international law firm of Rogers & Wells (now Clifford Chance) in New York and California. Mr. Seelig is admitted to practice in New York and California, and is a name partner in the Los Angeles based law firm of Chassman & Seelig, LLP. He is a founding partner of Meister Seelig & Fein, LLP, the firm's managing partner and a member of the Firm's executive committee. In addition to MSF, Mark is an active investor and owner in numerous business ventures. Mark is involved in charitable ventures and regularly donates his time and resources to worthwhile causes. He lives in Westchester, New York with his wife, Valerie, and their three daughters.